Future Projects - Edmonton 53, 65 & 73
Edmonton 53 © ERRS Collection
Edmonton 53 was built in 1913 as one of thirty-five streetcars of the same design obtained from the Preston Car and Coach Company. The cars were known as "Big Prestons" and most of them were running until abandonment of streetcar service in 1951. In fact, sister car No. 52 was the very last Edmonton streetcar in passenger service. Other bodies of the same series owned by the ERRS are Edmonton 65 and 73. It is hoped to restore one of the "Big Prestons" within the not too distant future.
Edmonton 73 at Jasper Avenue and 101 Street in the 1940s © Jaron Williams Collection
Edmonton "Big Preston" awaiting restoration © Massey F. Jones (1994)